Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 2- A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest

It's easy for me to tell you about the person i've been closest to the longest. I've had a lot of friends over the years and they've all been great to me. But none of them have meant as much as my little sister and forever best friend, Kristi Ann Cheney. She's now a Teshima, and that makes Evan the luckiest man alive. The best way to describe us is through this sample of pictures of us. There's a hundred million more but they wouldn't all fit on here. :)





The shenanigans of Jessie and Kristi Cheney started very young...


I hated watching her get hurt and made sure i bandaged her up every time...

I'll never stop protecting her and bandaging her up when she needs it. Speaking of which, aren't we due for another rehab session princess!? Speaking of "Princess"... That silly name came from a boy we met on a vacation once... This is us on that vacation. It's a little embarassing but atleast you can see how far we've come!
We'd never admit that we liked to match but we actually do. In my mother's defense, she said we chose these outfits. i guess the cat's out of the bag! Matching really is cool! I may have taught her how to pray but she's the one that's kept me doing it all these years. She has a testimony that can shake mountains and i'm so grateful to have her by my side keeping me doing what's right. We LOVE taking pictures together, if that wasn't obvious already. But what i love about this pic is the hug. ha.

Family pictures right before Jon went on his mission...


We've made it a habit of doing crazy things together and our AMAZING dad has made that possible....


Tarpon fishing in the gulf of mexico? Who gets to do that?! (This fstupid fish took both of us 2 hours to reel in! It was crazy tiring but we made it and it was worth it. Dontcha think princess?!)


Snowboarding together at Nate and Kelsey's cabin in Kamas, UT. I'm pretty sure we got a few bruises from this one. :D

Swimming in shark infested waters in the British Virgin Islands?! Another thing most people don't get to do. Thanx for that one dad. :)



Yes, that is a rattle snake. And also dad's fault. ha


We started making these faces when we were 5 and we will never stop making them!









Kristi has been my best friend for forever and I don't ever see that changing...






This last picture is from Kristi's wedding in April of last year. She was simply THE most beautiful bride I've ever seen in my entire life. Right after she came out of the temple I remember being very emotional and not wanting to let go during this hug. She had finally made the last covenant she needed in order to make it to the celestial kingdom and I was SO proud. And I still am.


At her luncheon, she let me make a toast to her and Evan and I could barely speak! It was after a beautiful slide show of pictures of the two of them in relative chrinological order. I stood up to make the speach and could barely speak. I said that I was having such a hard time because I noticed during the slideshow that the first half of the pictures, the ones from her younger years almost all had me in them with her. The second half were of her and Evan from their dating years and engagement. It made me cry because for the first part of her life I was her best friend and confidant. And now that was Evan's job. (I'm even crying while i write this!) I felt for a second that I was being replaced when in fact that isn't true. She just gets to have 2 best friends now.


Kristi, I love you with all my heart and I can't wait to take a million more pictures with you.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry! Thank you for sharing! Aren't sisters the best! I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete