Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 6- A picture of some one you'd like to trade places with for a day

This one is hard! But after much contemplation, I think I've come up with one. If I could trade places with one person for one day it would be.... Drum Roll.... OPRAH! Ha. I have to say, as I'm writing this blog, my hubby is scolding me. ha. He thinks I could pick some one else. But let me tell you why I would choose to be Oprah for one day. There are a few reasons.
1- Oprah has a lot of money. Fortunately she uses it for a lot of different purposes. I'd love to be able to spend my money on the kind of things she spends it on. Granted, I don't agree with everything she does, but for the most part, she spends it on deserving people. Her shows where she gives stuff away are usually people like teachers and police officers. I would love to be able to share my money with people and do good things for people in the world. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't spend it on a few new pairs of shoes, ha, but I could buy lots of shoes and still be able to do good things with the amount of money she has!
2- Oprah has the ear of a LOT of people. Everyone always says that if you want to convert a lot of people, first convert Oprah and then your work is done. Ha. That's probably not totally true but it kinda is! There are a lot of people that listen to her. It's called the Oprah effect. If you put a  product on Oprah and she says it's something she loves, EVERYONE wants one. ha. It would be quite a responsibility though, to have that many people listening to you. You'd have to be careful about what you said and I don't necessarily agree with everything Oprah says and the people she invites on her show. Especially recently. But if I got to be her, I'd make sure I used it well!
3- I'm impressed with the way she came from nothing and real hardships and made something of herself. It would be interesting to know what that feels like. Granted, I've had my fair share of hard times but nothing like she did and I can commend her for doing what she's done.

1 comment: