Monday, March 14, 2011

30 Days of thought...

A few of my friends have done something on their blogs that i think is very cool and i want to copy them. :) I think it actually started out as a facebook challenge but I like it on the blog better. Facebook is good for pictures but not for explanations or stories. If you wanna see pictures of what's happening in my life, go to facebook. If you wanna know what the picture is of and what is happening, then read my blog!
Anyway, I'm gonna start doing this little 30 day challenge for 2 reasons. 1- Because it will give me something to write about every day! 2- Because I think it's been interesting to read some of the thoughts and I'd like to think about and write abuot those things too. :)

DAY 1- A picture of yourself and 10 facts.

This is the most recent pic of myself taken on my birthday last week. :)



Fact 1- I am a people pleaser. I like everyone to be happy and I don't like it when anyone is mad at me. It makes me feel terrible and I have to fix it! It's a good thing and a bad thing cuz it's good that everyone is happy, but sometimes I go way too far out of my way and it ends up making people more upset. ha



Fact 2- I love to cook new things. I hate to cook old things that are only mediocre. Ha. That means that i like to cook new things and yummy things that i know will impress people. I really don't like cooking old boring things like hamburger helper. ha. I don't mind doing it for my hubby at all, because i'd rather he'd eat that than cereal for every meal but I don't particularly like it. but if i get to cook some new shrimp pasta or something.

Fact 3- I love to entertain. I get this from my mother and I love it! She is the best party planner ever and I hope one day I can do it as well as she can. As stressed out as I was planning my little sister's bridal shower, when everything came together and the food looked perfect and the invitations were amazing, and my house was spotless and 30 people showed up and they all loved my food and had a blast with my silly games, I was SO happy. ha. Simple pleasures.

Fact 4- My favorite food is sprinkles. I could eat sprinkles with no ice cream. :)

Fact 5- I HAVE to seperate my food. Potatoes can't touch the roast or corn and especially not the salad. And i always save the best for last. So if i Have to eat turkey at thanksgiving because it's the only protein, then I eat it first (dark meat for me!) and save ALL the green bean caserole for last because it's a gift sent from heaven. Especially when mom makes it. :D

Fact 6- I don't understand yelling as a form of stress relief. I really don't understand yelling at all. Unless you're yelling at a child to not run across the street or to not touch the stove, i don't understand! Raising your voice doesn't change what you say, it just says that you're mad, and there are better ways. Yelling just makes me shut down and think about how yelling doesn't help anyone and I quite listening to whatever point you're trying to make.

Fact 7- I also don't understand getting angry. When the toilet floods and you have poo water all over your bathroom, getting angry doesn't make it go away and it doesn't make the guys that are gonna fix it come sooner, and it doesn't make the smell go away! So why not just laugh about it?! Granted, you can't laugh at everything and there are serious problems, but honestly getting angry doesn't make them go away either. Like crashing your car. Yes it sucks, and it's not something to laugh at but getting angry doesn't change the fact that you have to buy a new car. I think the answer is to move right to the solution.

Fact 8- This one came from a friend that did the same thing but it's way true for me too! I don't know what i'm going to do when i'm pregnant because I always sleep on my stomach and I simply can't sleep on my back! When there's a beach ball in my tummy, it's going to be hard to sleep on my belly and that's a problem!!

Fact 9- I don't cry in response to pain. I cry like a little girl for movies and for my own emotional problems but when I get hurt I simply don't cry! My teeth went through my lips and into my dad's head when I was 13 and I didn't cry. I fractured a bone in both my feet at gymnastics and didn't cry. When I fell on my face and almost ripped my shoulder out of it's socket, I couldn't get up cuz I couldn't stop laughing! I don't know what my deal is. Ha.

Fact 10- I love blood! ha. No, I'm not a vampire, I just love to watch surgery and clean wounds and watch people while they're given stitches. I love helping people when they get hurt and trying to make them feel better.


There's my 10 facts! I hope they weren't too boring!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, this is the silly Jessie that I know and love. :) I feel for you on the sleeping on your tummy thing. It is SOOOOO hard for me while I am pregnant and I never fully get comfortable. The 2nd time around it was a little easier to get used to, but it was still a pain. Body pillows help A TON! They are a god send for sure.:)
    P.S. Greenbean casserole sounds like....well, being a christian woman, I wont say what it sounds like. haha. You know me and green vegies....YUCK!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete