Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 16- Something you want to do before you die

This is a hard one for me. I've been lucky enough in my life to do a lot of really neat things that a lot of people never get a chance to do. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with something that's profound that I want to do and can't think of anything! Ha. Well, I shouldn't say that, because there's a lot of things but they're all things I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do, like have children, see them grow up and go to college and get married in the temple. Most of my family goals revolve around them.

BUT, I see this post as more of an oportunity to talk about something more adventerous. Maybe adventurous isn't the right word, but something fun that i have no idea if I'll ever get to do. This would be the ultimate 25 year anniversary present. Ha. Maybe 15 years cuz at 25 years I might be too old. Ha.

So, my big bucket list item is.......

Drum roll.....


NEW ZEALAND!!!

I want to go to New Zealand SO bad!! I REALLY hope that one day I can get to go there. Let me tell you why. About 8 years ago, my dad took my brother to a kayaking school in northern CA called Otter Bar. 

This is the Salmon River that the lodge sits next to. :)


This is a TOP NOTCH kayaking school. Literally the best in the country. The instructors are world class kayakers and world explorers. I wish I had time to tell you all their stories but that's for another blog. :) Anyway, a lot of the intructors there are from New Zealand! (here's the tie in for this blog. ha) There were the first Kiwis I ever met and I fell in love with them! It's possible my love for them stems from my love for kayaking, but that's ok. It was my first exposure. Since then, every person in our family has been to this school. (I went 4 times.) And because of it, we've all fallen in love with kayaking and in turn, New Zealand. It's our whole family's dream vacation!


There's SO much to do there! First of all, some of the best kayaking in the world! The rivers there are STUNNING.

Who wouldn't wanna paddle that?!

Second, I got to do the Lu'au at BYU my freshman year (a show polynesians from BYU put on about the culture of the islands) and absolutely fell in love with the Mauri culture. It's SO beautiful and rich and fun. The people I met from New Zealand were absolutely amazing, and that includes my Otter Bar friends. Simply amazing people.
This is Graham Charles, AKA Cracker! Get it? Graham Cracker? Cracker for Short? haha. He is one of those amazing Otter Bar instructors/Crazy Kiwis. :)

Third, Anybody wanna join my for a 400 meter bungee jump?!?!


This is the "Ledge" Bungee in Queenstown, New Zealand. You don't actually fall for 400 meters. That's over 1300 feet btw. Ha. But, the ledge is that high! Sign me up!!



And last, but definitely not least, How about those accents?! Holy cow, they're my FAV! ha.


So, I'll be saving for the rest of my life for this trip, but it'll be WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment