Sunday, June 5, 2011

Heavenly Father answers prayers!

So, this is a picture of Aunt Karen, Justin's cousins Sarah, Jaime and Jessica, and Jess's two little kids Kyle and Kara. They are so freaking cute. This pic is a little old, so they're a little bigger now, but not a whole lot. Kyle just turned 2 and Kara is 5. They also have an adorable little newborn! He's still so tiny! :)


Anyway... Today we were at Aunt Karen's house for dinner. It was beautiful outside, so we were sitting on the grass talking and having a good time. And of course, Justin was gooing off with Kyle and Kara. They chase him, he chases them, throws them around, you get the gist. Ha. We left a little earlier than we wanted to so we could hang out with some other friends though, so we said good bye and left.

A few hours later, Justin realizes his ring, that his dad gave him, is not on his neck anymore. This ring is a big deal to him. It was engraved with a little design that his brothers and dad deisgned and then had tatooed on them. Since Justin wasn't going to get a tattoo, they made him a ring. It says Family Forever in a neat way. Needless to say, it's a very special ring. The chain he wears it on has been coming off a lot lately so we knew that it had to have come off while he was wrestling and playing with the kids. The only problem is that it's now 10 PM and dark, and Gene and Karen's yard is huge! They were running around, playing in the whole yard and it could be anywhere. So we go over there to look. I took one section and seriously stared down the whole section. But I was walking super slow, making sure I looked at every inch of grass. He was only on a little portion of this grass, like maybe 10 feet by 15 feet but I looked in there for seriously 15 minutes. It was going to take 3 hours to scour the whole section of grass they were in at the rate I was going.

So I go over to the other patch, and stop and say a little prayer asking to PLEASE help us find the ring because of how much it meant to Justin. So I start looking again, but instead of scouring every inch like before, I just started walking, slowly, but much quicker than before. And not a minute of looking after I said the prayer, I looked down and there it was. I bent down and picked it up and started to cry. I was amazed at how quickly I found it. It's not like there was a little voice that said "go right there," but there's not a single doubt in my mind that the Lord was guiding my feet in that moment.

I know that was a long way to tell what could have been a very short story, but I wanted to make it more dramatic. Ha. Partly because I simply couldn't believe it. I was shocked at how quickly I found it after that short and simple prayer. I'm still in disbelief about it. I've had prayers answered before, but never like that. It was a huge testimony to me that even though this is a silly little ring, and has no real value, because it meant something to Justin, the Lord cared enough to help me find it. He listens and answers prayers. He cares about things we care about. He loves us and wants to make us happy. What a great way to end our Sabbath Day.

Thank you Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment