Monday, June 13, 2011

Confession

I have a confession to make. I'm FINALLY getting my act together and loosing all this weight. I broke down to Justin the other day and told him how much I hate the way I look. For the last 2 years or so, I've felt like a pretty skinny girl in a fat girl's body and I hate it. Like really bad. It's the worst feeling in the world. It got to the point where I didn't even like to look in the mirror. I don't like to shop because even when I find something cute it doesn't look good on because I weigh so much more than I wish I did. And I've tried a hundred times to quit eating so much and to just work out already and for whatever reason, it hasn't worke. I've never really committed to it. I've tried P90X. It was too manly for me. Ha. (too much lifting weights and not enough cardio for my goals.) I tried running when Justin started training for a marathon but I've always HATED running. Ha. I tried Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. Good workout, but only 20 minutes. (You really need 60 to 90 minutes a day to actively loose weight.) So, although I had good reasons to quit the others, they weren't going to acheive my goals, it still meant that I quit working out. I also never had a real nutrition guide although I've taken more than enough nutrition classes to write my own. ha.

Now, I have no more excuses. After my break down, we decided to buy TurboFire. It's a Beach Body work out, (like p90, p90x, insanity and a bunch more) but this one is an intense Kick Boxing cardio program. It's insane! I started last week and It's been so hard, but so worth it so far.

Anyway, I feel like the only way I'll be able to do this is if I'm truely accountable to someone. I'm defintely accountable to Justin, and he's promised to keep me honest about it. But I also know he loves me and loves me no matter what, so if I tell him I quit, he'll try to convince me other wise, but it's an easy out for me. So, I'm becoming accountable to YOU. My readers. haha. Which I know is few, but I've found that some people read it, and it's a lot of my good friends that I know really care about me. So, i'm gonna document my progress every week on here. I have goals set up and I know I can reach them. I'm also pretty sure I can way surpass them. If I follow them, I'll be pre wedding weight by my birthday. YAY! That will be awesome. :)

My goal for the end of July is to loose 15 pounds. So, here goes!


4 comments:

  1. good luck!!! You can totally do it!! :) If you have a golds gym membership you can come with me and my friend!! I haven't been able to go much lately cuz of health issues but Jenny goes religiously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know I'll make you stick to it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome girly. I need to do the same thing. I always make excuses. :( I tried running for a day. I tried Zumba...and I don't know why I stopped. I just did. Maybe you will be my movtivation. Make sure to take progress pics. (You don't have to show them if you don't want to-but you might want them for yourself) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! I love when people are really honest on their blogs. I feel ya. I have so many friends who have had babies in the last year and are down to their pre-pregnancy weight. Jayah is 3 and I am not even close. Not to mention since this whole hip thing I have gained 7 pounds. Its so frustrating. I love you so much. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete