Saturday, June 4, 2011

Empty Nesters

I'm taking a break from my picture challenge to write a real blog. Not that the picture thing isn't cool, cuz I like it, but I started blogging so I could write a type of journal, and I haven't been able to really do that. So, here's my normal blog.

Kelly's Gone! :( When we she came I never thought I would cry when she left. I knew I would like having her, but i didn't think it would turn out like this.

For those of you that don't know, (a lot of people say that to explain things... But I'm pretty sure only like 5 people read this and they know the story. Ha. Oh well. For Posterity's sake then.) Kelly moved in with Justin and I about 2 1/2 months ago. She was having a hard time with her friends in Texas and needed to get away. At first, things were peachy. But after a couple arguments btwn me and Kelly and Justin and Mom and Dad, it got a little rocky! Kelly and Justin are two very strong personalities and unfortunately they didn't agree on a lot of things. Ha. We also had a few comminucation issues. After a couple weeks, we weren't sure if we were gonna make it. I was also making some huge mistakes and not following through with things that I should have and picking the wrong battles. It was rough. I wasn't sure if I would ever be a good mother. It was really disheartening to me. Being a mother is all I've ever really wanted to be and I was terrible at it. I guess I never thought it was going to be easy. She's a teenager and I'm not her mother, but our relationship as sisters has always been good. I thought it would be just like being sisters. But unfortunately it wasn't. There were lots of tears and a few pretty intense conversations.

   And now I find myself near tears again. Inspite of some of the silly arguments we had, I already miss her. She's been gone only a few hours! I had tears on our way to the airport. I told her I was gonna miss my little girl, and she said, you know you're not my mom, and I said "but you'll always be my little girl." I know she's not a little girl, but she's been my little girl for a long time. She and I have always been close, but the past few months have made it even better. We have a relationship now that we could have never had any other way. She's and incredible woman and I'm lucky to know her.

I love you Smelly! Have Fun in Europe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment