Friday, July 29, 2011

Music is what feelings sound like....

Music is a HUGE part of my life. I simply could not live with out it. I go crazy when everything is just silent! Now, there are moments when silence is necessary. There's nothing sweeter than sitting in the temple in silence and listening to the spirit speak to you. But other than that very instance, I almost always want music. I can't ahndle dirving with out it, I just won't work out with out music, I get ready in the morning with music, it's on at work in a head phone.. you get the picture. When I was younger, one of my favorite things was to wake up on Saturday mornings to Jon playing the piano. He has a beautiful way with the piano and I can't get enough of it. In spite of some of the silly fights i've had with him, I have always loved and praised his incredible abilities with music. I grew up with music all around me. Not just with jon, but the rest of my family as well. We're all pretty decent singers and we put together a pretty good quartet. Ha. And I love all kids of music. Sometimes I'm in the mood for some twangy country music, sometimes Micheal Buble and company. Other times some Relient K and other times Josh Groban. Just depends on my mood! If I hear a truely beautiful voice, I almost always cry. Ha. So I want to share a few videos of some of my favorite songs. These aren't my all time favorites, but they're songs I can listen to over and over again and get chills every time...



After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. ~Aldous Huxley

I know this sounds lame, and I can not Stand Taylor Swift, but I can  listen to this version a million times over and over. ha.



A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski


The Cello Song, by Steve Sharp Nelson


John Williams is a genius. I can listen to his music all day.

This is one of my favorite Church songs ever. It's so incredibly beautiful.


Anyway, enjoy my little rant on music. I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment