Saturday, July 2, 2011

Do you trust me?

I have had a major issue lately with trusting people. I feel like I do a good job of giving people the benefit of the doubt and saying they're being honest until proven otherwise. I don't like to automatically think people are lying. I know a lot of people need others to gain their trust, but I think I'm the other way around. It's even to the point where I get teased a lot cuz I believe when people tell me silly things! Ha. Like they'll make up storeis about themselves and I have no reason not to believe them, so I do! But lately I feel like I've been lied to by people that I thought I could trust. And I'm findin it crazy hard to trust someone after they've lied to me and I know they have. Like sometimes I think someone's lying, but I don't know for sure, but when I'm certain they're lying to me, I have a hard time even talking to them! To be honest, the first time I really noticed a problem was my freshman year of college and since then, once I know someone's lied to me, it's hard for me to trust them again.

I'm not sure how to deal with this... Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to say first, so that no one thinks the wrong thing, I'm not talking about my hubby! He's always been so honest with me and I'm incredibly grateful for that. But unfortunately, there's been lots of lying among the people I care a lot about and it's incredibly hard to deal with.

One situation in particular was with someone extremely close to me. I was getting along amazingly well with this person and I just found out this morning that they have been lying to me for months. I feel so betrayed by them and I don't know what to do about it. I want to talk to them about it too but I don't know if it will do any good. This person is in a really fragile place and I think it will just make things worse. Any ideas...?

All I is I never want to be lied to again...

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. I on the other hand am over giving people the benefit of the doubt because it has backfired almost every time. It is hard when you feel like you are being honest and up front with everyone and people are not doing the same. You will figure something out; I am still trying to find a way to handle this type of situation so when you figure something out let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete