Friday, September 30, 2011

The position has been filled...

I just had an experience that I've honestly never had before. I'm currently working at Nu Skin in the call center providing sales support for the Latin America markets. It's not a super exciting job, but it pays the bills. And I actually love working for Nu Skin. It's good to work for a company that really does care about their employees. So... Now the actual story of my blog... I don't mind working in Sales Support. But it's kind of monotonous and not even close to what i went to school for. Ha. So recently there was a position available in the Product Support department. It would still be a phone job, but talking about the science of the products instead of just selling them. If you know anything about Nu Skin at all, you know how amazing the products are. And the science behind them is fascinating. I went to the convention last year and got to talk to the man behind the science and I was in awe. Ha. I know that sounds dumb and makes me a total nerd, but what they've been able to do with these products is awesome. I love it. So, naturally I was super excited about the position opening up. I applied and thought for sure I would get it. I got an interview and felt like I did really well in it! Then I got an e-mail saying the position had been filled. I was crushed! I thought for sure I would get the job and I was excited to not have to place orders anymore. But I didn't get the job...

I e-mailed the HR department about why I didn't get the job and she sent this back... 

I’ve spoken with **JOE** about the interviews. He informed me that you simply did not interview as well as the other applicant. There wasn’t anything significantly wrong with your interview or qualifications. Rather, the other applicant wowed them more and they believe she is more qualified for the position. I hope this helps.



Ouch... What does that even mean? I've never interviewed for a job and not been offered a position. I didn't interview as well as the other applicant?? What else did I have to do?! Tap Dance?! I'm surprisingly upset by this.. It prolly has something to do with the fact that my hubby and I were banking on getting this job for the raise in pay and the benefits it would provide... We don't have any health insurance and now I know I can't get it cuz I didn't interview as well as the other person? That sucks... Major blow to the ego.. I guess I needed one of those. ha. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment